Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: KK, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is the petroleum retail market leader in Malaysia, catering to one-third of Peninsular Malaysia and half of Sabah and Sarawak’s market requirements. We employ 6,500 people in Malaysia. We seek a long-term presence in Malaysia and invest heavily in our employees. Our industry-leading development career programme attests to that. Your ideas will travel at Shell, and your drive and commitment will be rewarded. Our commercial gas-to-liquids plant in Bintulu, our refinery in Port Dickson and our Projects and Technology office in Kuala Lumpur, that offers projects and business solutions, offer a great variety of jobs. 1) Manage and build a strong Finance function in the business, including
a. Active cooperation with the General Manager Finance on matters relating to Finance Functional support.
b. Identify and implement global and regional best practices, and business improvement opportunities.
c. Promote simplification of processes, engaging staff, peers and the wider Shell country finance community.
d. Act as the line manager for the direct report and provide training, coaching and motivation for staff to perform and to pursue quality improvement in their work at all times.
e. Drive Connected Finance in the business to ensure seamless Finance services to its stakeholders and act as the interface between business and the Finance Operations organizations, Risk & Insurance and Tax.
2) Maintain a fit for purpose framework of business and financial controls for the business
a. Custodian of the framework of business and financial controls.
b. Ensuring compliance with Group standards and Business Principles.
3) Cost Management and Reporting
To develop and maintain an effective budgetary and commitment controls over activities, thus ensuring that investment decisions and operational commitments are thoroughly quantified and justified. Provides robust challenge and monitors operating expenditure and capital expenditure. The Finance Manager is the Cost Champion in the Site Management Team. Work closely to support delivery of quarterly board materials to the shareholders.
4) Custodian and accountable for the Hydrocarbon Accounting & Inventory valuation, Fixed Assets Accounting and Requisition to Pay processes. Ensure these Finance processes are maintained and financial results are delivered within control framework.
5) Supports the delivery of Annual Statutory and Group Accounts & coordinate the build-up of supplementary documents that are used as part of inputs into the preparation of statutory and group accounts. This includes working with external and internal auditors.
6) Lead the business planning process through coordination and preparation of the various manufacturing department budget and expenditure, challenging assumptions where appropriate, in order to ensure that robust, stretching performance targets are set and agreed with stakeholders. Monitor cost performance and plant activities closely are reflected appropriately in quarterly Latest Estimates reports.
7) Provides commercial input and support on contracting and procurement activities through participation as Contract Board member (alternate). Examines and analyses financial elements of key contracts for clarity, completeness, and value protection. Lead certain commercial negotiations. Ensuring compliance to risk management framework and requisition to pay requirements.
8) Manage interfaces with internal and external parties, including but not limited to, line department managers and business teams (operations, engineering, technology, HSSE, C&P), Management team, Shared services team, Shell Malaysia Tax, Regional Insurance Advisor, Shell Malaysia Legal Advisor, SGSI, external auditors, contractors/vendors, government and statutory bodies and other visitors.
9) Location of work will be in KK,Sabah Education level
- Finance degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant finance working experience (relevant professional accounting qualification is preferred).
- Possess strong financial and cost management accounting background, good business acumen and sharp analytical skill to perform effective financial reviews.
- Experience in providing finance support in the Business
- Experience in leading teams is highly advantageous.
- Candidates must possess the right to work in Sabah
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video