Skills: HR - General
Other Skills: Writing Samples will be required if chosen to interview
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tomball, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Headquartered in Tomball, Texas, BJ Services is the largest North American-focused, pure-play pressure pumping services provider. BJ Services provides hydraulic fracturing and cementing services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production of North American oil and natural gas resources. We operate field locations serving all major North American oil and natural gas shale basins. Our shared culture is built by an unwavering pursuit for perfecting operational execution in the oilfield.
Under direct supervision, the communications specialist will assist with the planning, development and execution HR-related communications. Will research/write/edit internal announcements, articles and web site/intranet/digital media content. Will serve as primary liaison with HR business unit. Will coordinate employee meetings and serve as primary liaison with business unit representative. The communications specialist should be detail-oriented and possess strong writing, editing and project management skills in employee communications and a desire to broaden internal communications skills/knowledge. May serve as project manager on HR communications initiatives that arise.
· Coordinate, support and manage HR communications projects and events
· Write and edit content including announcements, articles, brochures and scripts for internal audiences
· Support and coordinate employee communications (including town hall meetings) and other internal communications-related activities
· Work with HR leaders within the organization to gather and disseminate information
· Ensure all projects are delivered on-time and within scope
· May serve as referral contact for questions regarding branding on internal and external communications
· Handle special projects, as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in related field (journalism, public relations, marketing communications, business or equivalent)
· 7-10 years' experience in corporate communications, public relations, media relations, employee communications, community relations or journalism
· At least 3-5 years' experience in HR/employee communications
· Solid understanding of basic communication and public relations practices
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Must be able to effectively communicate with employees and managers at all levels of the organization)
· Team player with excellent time management skills, flexibility and attention to detail
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite and SharePoint
· Willingness to handle administrative duties, as assigned
· Willingness to be innovative and creative
· Strong understanding of AP style
PLEASE NOTE: Writing Samples will be required if chosen to interview.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell; lift more than 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
BJ Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BJ Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Since Byron Jackson started a legacy in 1872, BJ Services has been known for superior and timely service. While many things have changed over the decades, clients valuing repeatable performance and highly dependable teams has not. BJ has a strategic focus on perfecting pressure pumping and cementation services within North America.
Proudly operating 2.1 million hydraulic horse-power and 240 cementers, BJ Services maintains a strategic footprint throughout North America to serve our customers in targeted basins. With reliability as a core value, driving our teams and operations, BJ Services is built by leaders with a passionate commitment to excellence ready to provide predictable, repeatable quality services.