Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
W&T Offshore is an independent oil and natural gas acquisition, exploitation and exploration company focused in the Gulf of Mexico. With a 30-year history of success, we are proud of our sustainability, strong sense of community, family atmosphere and commitment to being a great place to build a career.
Passionate people who strive to be the best drive our commitment to excellence. Our employees are the foundation and core competitive factor that contributes to company growth and stability.
We are excited to announce an opening in our Land Division for a seasoned Land Manager. This position requires an entrepreneurial Land Management professional who understands the requirements of an exploration and production company operating in the Gulf of Mexico. This strategic leadership role is a crucial part of our management team in the development and strategic direction of the company and will lead all land functions and manage all personnel aspects of the Land department.
· Manage and direct all land functions including leasing, title maintenance, permitting, etc.
· Execute business development negotiations, agreements and contracts.
· Prepare and present strategic land development and acquisition plans.
· Provide progress reports along with the rest of the management team.
· Participate in setting company strategy, vision and goals.
· Manage internal land staff, consultants and external brokers.
· Assist in the management of various joint venture agreements and contracts.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree with concentration in Petroleum Land Management or related field.
· 15+ years of oil and gas land experience in the GOM.
· Experience with acquisition and disposition activities including the negotiation and preparation of purchase and sale agreements.
· Experience in negotiating and drafting various land agreements (i.e. farmouts/farmins, JOAs, JV agreements, etc.).
· Familiarity with the regulatory regime (BOEM/BSEE) governing operations in the GOM, particularly in regards to financial assurance and leasing.
· Proven people management and partner relationship skills.
· Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and has strong organizational skills, including the ability to execute and take on a project from conception through to conclusion.
· Has developed a strong personal contact base with key industry partners and regulators.
W&T Offshore is an equal opportunity employer. Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged. Please visit our website at www.wtoffshore.com.