Sr. PTS Operator
Location: Midland, TX
Supervises the daily work activities of the Production crew. Under the direction of the Area Production Superintendent, indirectly supervises all other employees on the platform. Responsible for operating or overseeing the operation of the production platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safety of all personnel working on the Platform and the Safety of the Environment. Conducts safety briefings. Observes safe work practices in performance of job duties, including use of proper personal protective equipment at all times. Ensures that safe work practices are followed by all personnel.
- Inspects all equipment ensure equipment is in safe working condition. Maintains records of inspections, as required.
- Directs the repair or removes from service any unsafe equipment.
- Trains his crew in the optimum and safe performance of their duties and the proper care and maintenance of the equipment.
- Monitors all instrumentation.
- Maintains a current crane operator certification and operates, or supervises the operation of the platform.
- Maintains and ensures that accurate preparation of all reports and logs delegated to this position.
- Assist in the investigation and documentation of any near-misses or work related injuries. Provides first aid treatment, if necessary.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Certification (GED); or equivalent educational ability; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience. Must have knowledge of all typical production platform activities.
- Must have experience operating 3 phase separators, blowing back wells, and conversing with customers.
- Must have an understanding of flare mechanisms.
- Computer Skills: Excel
- Certificates and Licenses: T2
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpreted documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Math Skills: High School equivalent skills.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Pass the required physical examination and drug and alcohol test.
- PEC Training, H2S Training, Entry-level oilfield training, or any safe land training is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk most all of the time while on duty. The employee is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently; climb heights up to 10 feet and balance at heights; occasionally stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 - 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment, including hearing protections, safety glasses, and respiratory protection. Must be capable of working rotating day and night shifts with a minimum of 12-hour duration, and shift schedules that will vary from 7 days on, 7 days off to 14 and 14, or other combinations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions ranging from freezing to 100+ degrees Fahrenheit. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.