Skills: Asset Management, Logistics Management, Port Operations
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Georgia, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Ship Supervisor, Terminals
The ship supervisor is responsible for safe, profitable load and discharge operations of bulk cargoes. Manage stevedore workers supervising all operations at the terminal.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all operations are in line with HSE policies
- Create and carry out all stow plans
- Inspect and ensure all load operations are in line with shipping instructions
- Maintain customer interactions, and expand existing accounts
- Supervise all equipment operators and superintendents to ensure safe efficient operations
- Identify areas to improve operational efficiency
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Operational experience in a dry bulk terminal facility
- Understanding of load test certificates
- Leadership experience managing operational staff
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather
- Ability to safely work around heavy machinery
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and early mornings as required
- Equipment Operators
- Crane Operators
Core Group Resources is the bridge that connects the maritime and marine offshore oil & gas industries. We have in depth knowledge of these fields and can help you navigate this quickly expanding market. Core Group is actively assisting companies hiring topnotch marine engineers, operations, and commercial candidates with our expertise in the maritime industry.Companies who design, construct, service, and operate vessels of any type utilize us to find highly qualified individuals in business critical positions.
Candidates seeking navigation into the marine offshore industry both shoreside and seagoing, let us chart your career here. We have mapped out all verticals in this space and know where maritime professionals are best poised for rapid career growth. With strong projected growth in the offshore space, now is the time to partner with the leading Houston-based recruitment firm of Core Group Resources.