Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Wayne, PA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Seeking a multi-faceted sales professional with a background in Supply Chain Management to join our Inside Sales team. This role is responsible for the timely execution of customer orders, increasing profitability through an understanding of logistics costs, and operational analysis to support business decision making. The successful candidate should be an organized selfstarter with the willingness to dig in and solve complex problems.
- Strategic Thinking & Planning, Forecasting, Customer Relationship Management, Functional Expertise, Effective Communications, Negotiations, Contract Management, Organizational Skills, Proficient System user, Analytical Skills, Business Partner, Business & Financial Acumen Job Responsibilities:
- Drive sales by following up with customers on existing orders and initiating new orders. Build and sustain customer relationships, identify new customer opportunities using market data, and maintain a detailed list of customer contacts and communications in Salesforce tool.
- Work with planning team to execute on customer allocations and clearly communicate allocated product flow to customer.
- Present customer KPI data during quarterly in-person meetings. Some meetings will be at customer locations and require overnight travel.
- Responsible for establishing target inventory levels.
- Serve as the liaison and build relationships between manufacturing plants, internal sales, customer service, marketing, distribution and transportation.
- Work closely with plants and external partners to understand capacity by location, line and production variations in developing weekly and monthly plans.
- Manage the timely execution of purchase order placement and ensure all stakeholders understand customer requirements and deadlines.
- Develop an understanding of freight advantages, all applicable costs, and market pricing in your region to drive a strong pricing strategy and increase profitability.
- Determine actions required to deliver monthly forecast. Communicate shipment requirements to logistics provider and ensure execution of fulfillment requirements.
- Proactively grow and develop non-contract sales relationships to strengthen spot market position.
- Incorporates situation analysis, problem diagnosis, and operations analysis to support business decision making with financial analysis.
- Recommend adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Has a Business degree with emphasis in supply chain and logistics.
- 3 + years of experience in supply chain management.
- Knowledge in purchasing and inventory control system.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results; able to monitor activities, analyze data, identify problems and develops solutions.