Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
We currently have an opening for a Senior Water Resources Engineer to support our storm water and surface water consulting team in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our environmental consulting business with knowledge and technical skills in storm water management and related engineering design, including drainage engineering, water resources, hydrologic/hydraulic and water quality modeling, environmental permitting, and municipal, commercial, and industrial NPDES compliance.
- Consulting, design, and management of civil engineering and municipal, commercial and industrial NPDES compliance projects
- Oversight, QA/QC, and mentoring of junior engineering staff
- Preparation and oversight of construction specification, plans, and cost estimates for water resource projects
- Coordinate multi-discipline team for public and commercial projects
- Maintain relationships with key client project managers
- Support proposal preparation work and technical work scope development
- Market and develop new work to support the continued growth of the practice area
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work
- Be able to lead or follow other Principal- and Senior-level employees as the situations occur
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules, and budgets are achieved
- Travel to project(s) as needed for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering field required; advanced degree(s) in Engineering preferred
- California Civil Engineering P.E. required
- 10+ year’s relevant engineering experience
- Proven track record marketing and developing new work
- Thorough knowledge of local (San Diego region) design criteria, practices, and protocols, including agency plan check procures to signoff [required]; Experience working in Los Angeles is a plus
- Knowledge of construction methods, procedures, and site complexities [required]
- Working knowledge of site and boundary survey practices [required]
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with, mentor and direct engineers, scientists and technicians
- Exhibit ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules
- Demonstrated experience with NPDES compliance projects for municipal, commercial and/or industrial clients
- Demonstrated experience selling, managing, performing and consulting on projects and programs including a wide range of project sizes
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.