Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saint Paul, MN, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): MN - St Paul
Do you want to have a vital role supporting the infrastructure that provides electricity to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that-s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? Consider a position with Xcel Energy-s electric distribution team.
Serves as a lead person or technical expert related to the activities of Outdoor Lighting Support Services which include maintenance billing, customer support, system training and project management. Develop and manage key performance indicators for process improvements. Provide leadership in problem analysis and resolution, maintaining strong customer relationships and implementing system improvements.
- Provides technical leadership for support services employees in billing, order entry and customer service functions. Ensure accurate and timely billing of maintenance costs, efficient order processing and providing superior customer service.
- Resolve customer service issues that pertain to maintenance billing and tariffed energy rates. Conducts problem analysis and resolution on customer service issues and respond to inquiries from key municipal and governmental entities. Maintain relationships with key customers. Respond to PUC complaints.
- Develop and implement process improvements for key performance indicators and lead daily management teams for priority metrics. Gather and organize data for measurement and reporting of KPI's.
- Maintain communication with all internal and external customers and respond to inquiries in a timely manner. Represent the outdoor lighting department in customer, contractor and interdepartmental meetings and provide information for regulatory strategy development.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for less experienced support services employees. This may include training and development of employees to ensure compliance of all pertinent company policies and procedures.
- Represent the department on system issues, problem solving and seeking opportunities for enhancements of current technology.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Four years- experience working with a customer system with 3-5 years- experience in Construction, Delivery, or closely related area.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, process improvement, problem solving, and team building skills.
- Working knowledge of utility regulatory requirements, PC applications, and Xcel Energy computer systems.
- Goal orientated and self-motivated.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - St Paul
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. utility which serves more than 3.5 million electric customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight states.
Our mission is to provide clean, safe reliable energy to our customers through a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydro, coal, nuclear and natural gas.