Skills: Chemical Engineering, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chicago, IL, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking an industrial hygiene, asbestos, lead and mold person to join our time in Illinois. Will work in both the field and the office, under supervision. This is a fulltime position; however, part time and on-call will also be considered.
Field work includes performing asbestos inspections and project management consistent with AHERA and NESHAPs regulations, lead based paint sampling and xrf testing, lead based paint risk assessment, attending client meetings, walkthroughs and oversight of subcontractors.
Office work includes producing routine plans, reports, cost estimates and specifications under supervision. Will assist in preparation of proposals. Will review plan documents to determine affected building elements for renovation and construction work.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH) or related science field desired but not required
- Experience in the environmental safety and occupational health or related field
- Illinois licenses for Asbestos Air Sampling Professional, Asbestos Project Manager, Asbestos Inspector, and Lead Inspector required
- XRF training and testing experience required
- Lead Risk Assessor and/or Lead Safe Certification from USEPA desired
- OSHA 40-hour training, mold experience, industrial hygiene sampling, general compliance and/or soil/groundwater sampling experience, would be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.