Skills: Construction Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a CEI Inspector in Charlotte, North Carolina to support project opportunities across the Carolinas.
This position will perform routine inspection on a variety of contractor construction projects to ensure general compliance with contract plans, specification and standard drawings. Majority of work consists of inspection duties for NCDOT highway and bridge contracts. Maintain daily pay records and diaries in accordance with NCDOT Standards and Specifications. Ensure all materials incorporated into the project are sampled / tested per NCDOT guidelines. Prepare documentation for preparation of pay estimates to the Resident Engineer. Ability to attain NCDOT certifications for asphalt roadway paving, concrete testing, density, Aggregate and Borrow Pit sampling, and other certification as required / needed. Monitor all subcontractors on project to ensure adequate DBE or MB / WB participation per the contract. Perform labor interviews. Assist contractor's personnel and other technicians in interpreting the plans, contract and specifications. Serve as liaison between the contractor and the department and between the department and the public.
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate's degree in the assigned discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience. Some positions may require certification. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions plus 2 years of experience in construction inspection, which shall have been in roadway construction, structure and / or utility inspection
- Or High school graduate or equivalent plus at least 4 years of experience in construction inspection, four years of which shall have been in roadway construction, structure and / or utility inspection
- Relevant North Carolina DOT approved certifications and ability to obtain similar in South Carolina including :
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Exemplify proactive safety behavior by following safety policies and encouraging others to do so
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Must pass Health and Safety Training and Defensive Driving Courses upon hire
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment
- Close, distance peripheral vision and normal auditory function
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements including the ability to wear a respirator as required
- May use a number of different pieces of equipment i.e. Slump Cone, Air Meter, Measuring Wheel / Tape, Thermometer, etc. Employee will be fully trained in the use of equipment necessary to accomplish their work
- May require work at remote sites around construction equipment, drilling rigs, explosives and environmental contamination
- This can be physically demanding, requiring the employee to be on their feet all day outside in variable weather conditions (hot and cold) performing visual observations
- Overtime may be required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.