Portland, ME, US
Portland, ME, US
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, ME, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
The Portland, ME Wood Design Center is seeking an Architectural Designer II.
This position is located in Portland, Maine, one of the most livable cities in the US. Amec Foster Wheeler offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. This individual will; possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, be involved in one or more projects during all phases of a project until completion, interface with both internal and external clients, collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams. Our ideal candidate will be dynamic, creative, quality driven, have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and be a proactive problem solver.
- Project planning and development
- Develop content and execute architectural projects including drawings, specifications, and studies
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, designers, and other project team members to carry out project requirements
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation and production drawings
- Successfully interface with in-house and consulting project teams and clients through all phases of projects
- Demonstrate ability in working with integrated architectural and engineering design teams in project design and documentation
- Ability and willingness to travel. Occasional field work to perform building survey assessments on regional, national, and/or global projects - Approximately 10% travel
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications for this position:
- Minimum 8 years well-rounded experience in any of the following project types; industrial, commercial, federal, medical, pharmaceutical, institutional design
- Demonstrated excellence in design, organization, and communication
- LEED AP
- Bachelor of Architecture or a Master of Architecture degree from an accredited college
- Goal to achieve Architectural registration
- Proficient in current digital modeling applications including Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in all phases and technical aspects of facility design, from programming through post construction services
Amec Foster Wheeler is a large multinational design firm with a global reach. Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is a 6,000 person engineering and consulting firm, ranked in the ENR top 50 firms in the US. We focus on providing our clients the highest quality services in all aspects of design, consulting, and construction. Our projects in Portland are nationwide and international in range and scope. We have a full component of architecture and engineering staff in-house, and are committed to fully collaborative and integrated design with all team members contributing to our projects success.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.