The Woodlands, TX, US
The Woodlands, TX, US
Skills: MWD / LWD, Petrophysicist
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: The Woodlands, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position will be located in The Woodlands office working with the Offshore Petrophysical Technology Team. Anadarko is seeking someone who will provide petrophysical support to functions involved with drilling, exploration, production, and discovery activities for international and deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Works with engineers and other geoscientists to understand the rock properties of target reservoirs. Evaluates rock properties by taking well log measurements, engaging in core and seismic studies. Employs the appropriate study to ensure accurate characterizations of reservoirs. Analyzes and disseminates understanding of rock properties to ensure teams implement the appropriate approach to finding and extracting oil and gas from subsurface formations.
- 8+ years' experience with an Oil & Gas Operating Company conducting petrophysical interpretation and assisting logging operations
- Documented minimum 2 years' experience in petrophysical interpretation of offshore deepwater reservoirs including design of LWD & logging operations
- Demonstrates strong background in acquisition & evaluation of routine core analysis data with experience in core-based rock-typing in conjunction with reservoir modeling studies. Describe examples of integrated petrophysical studies performed in deep water turbidites.
- Document background in estimating seismic and/or mechanical properties from log data.
- Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a petrophysical software package a must, and working experience with proven track record writing computer code for petrophysical programs in either Matlab, C++, or Python.
- Participate in the planning and execution of formation evaluation programs to optimize project team objectives, particularly as a critical member of deep water integrated project teams.
- Provide operational petrophysical support to wells drilling within areas of responsibility.
- Apply petrophysical interpretation techniques using state-of-the-art technology and mentor others in the deployment of advanced techniques.
- Undertake petrophysical regional studies to support exploration & development teams in their efforts to evaluate new basins/plays and improve reservoir characterization of strategic assets.
- Interface with logging & coring vendors as part of providing petrophysical support for region.
- Keep up with current and leading logging (wireline & LWD) technologies and recommend their applications where appropriate.
- Demonstrate expertise in new interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities.
- Interface with asset/exploration team & Petrophysics department to maximize knowledge and technology transfer.
B.S., M.S. or PhD degree in Geology, Petroleum Engineering or related field required.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
Eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
See Job Description
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation