Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Skills: Machinist, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada’s largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future."
- Responsible to comply will all Shell machining and equipment standards associated with central repair facility.
- Is a Motivated Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Be responsible for safety of people and equipment.
- Maintains excellent housekeeping practices.
- Will take ownership in machining equipment to keep it maintained and operational.
- Can complete bore alignment concentricity and flatness checks on all rotating equipment with a high level of accuracy.
- Understanding of materials, cutting tools, speeds and feeds, coolant requirements and machining techniques.
- Able to read machining blueprints and understand tolerances, concepts, and manufacture repairs that comply with tolerances.
- Capable of working effectively on all styles of pumps, compressors, blowers, fans and other various pieces of rotating equipment.
- Support machining repairs required for day to day plant maintenance.
- Field machining experience using portable milling machines, flange facers, cold cutting and other various portable machining equipment.
- Can fabricate jigs and other specialty tooling as required.
- Capable of thorough inspection of all above noted products, and updating documentation required.
- Rotor balancing (pumps, centrifugal compressors)
- Support overhauls consisting of the following tasks:
- Parts procurement
- In-house parts fabrication using machine tools
- Computer balancing
- Leak testing
- Properly use, maintain, calibrate and read precision measuring equipment
- Extensive experience with manual boring mill and lathe set-up and operation for fabrication and repairs
- CNC experience is an asset
- Journey-level Machinist certificate. Dual ticket is an asset.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work while wearing a respirator or SCBA
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to support the company's drug free work environment
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company’s safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Must have 10 years’ relevant work experience.
- Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 20 kg from ground to waist level
- Shell strives to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with its business activities and is committed to providing a safe workplace for all workers.
- A condition of employment for this position is successful completion of a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check, driving record check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video