Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Structural Engineer I.
The Structural Engineer will work on the engineering team and will be responsible for new design and improvements to portable buildings and oilfield skids. They will create CAD models, design calculations, computer simulations, engineering change notices, bulletins and other documents as required to satisfy the customers design requirements. Must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the total project systems to include mechanical, structural and electrical components. Will provide technical support within the company and respond to technical inquiries from suppliers to ensure a successful product build.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with customer to successfully implement designs
• Developing design ideas using CAD software
• Investigating the properties of materials like steel and glass and advising which is most suitable
• Working out the loads and stresses on different parts of a structure
• Using computer simulations to predict how structures will react under different conditions
• Creates Engineering Change Requests detailing the necessary changes to released designs, updates drawings/models/BOMs as needed, routes change requests through the approval process
• Writes technical reports to include test procedures, installation procedures and process documents
• Interfaces with employees within the company to include manufacturing, quality, purchasing, external vendors and customers
• Respond to and resolve discrepancy reports from the shop floor
• Inspecting unsafe portable buildings and recommending options for repairs or scrap
• Work under limited supervision
• Participates in innovating new ideas for cost reductions and development that meets customer requirements
• Collaborates with engineering management on design process development initiatives and department workflows
• Executes designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, cost and schedule
• Making sure that projects meet legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements
• Giving progress reports to clients and senior managers
• Lead root cause and corrective action investigations for in-house and fielded products
• Participate in company safety meetings and safety awareness
• Other duties may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of science in Mechanical or Structural Engineering (preferably structural) from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology or an accredited university.
• Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
• Ability to effectively present technical information to colleagues, customers and vendors.
• As per Bachelor degree requirements.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• FEA, SAFI, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Solid Edge, Inventor, MS Word and MS Excel
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Driver License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Valid passport
• Domestic and international travel may be required.
The applicant must be able to meet this competencies.
• Problem Solving
• Technical Skills
• Oral Communication
• Written communication
• Organizational Support
• Safety and Security
• Knowledge of drilling practices and drilling rigs is a plus.
• Designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, cost and schedule
• Collaborates with Engineering management on design process development initiatives
• Perform calculations by hand and using simulation software
• Act as the technical subject matter expert for resolving complex engineering issues related to projects
• Provides technical support to procurement for the purpose of purchasing the appropriate supplies
• Provides design oversight and consultation to other team members in the company
• Provide support for construction and commissioning activities
• Proficient with SOLIDWORKS
• Analyzes data to determine root causes to problems
• Designs documentation standards
• Works within the defined cost/schedule and technology
• Working knowledge of Quality control/assurance principles
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, disciplines and design for manufacturing and assembly methods
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. S pecific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme cold and heat.
Occasional trips to rig site or yard may be required.
The Nabors companies own and operate approximately 521 land drilling rigs throughout the world and approximately 607 land workover and well servicing rigs in North America. Nabors’ actively marketed offshore fleet consists of 40 platform rigs, 12 jackup units and 4 barge rigs in the United States and multiple international markets.
In addition, Nabors is one of the largest providers of hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acid pressure pumping services with approximately 805,000 hydraulic horsepower currently in service.
Nabors also manufactures top drives and drilling instrumentation systems and provides comprehensive oilfield hauling, engineering, civil construction, logistics, and facilities maintenance and project management services. Nabors participates in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.