Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: New Orleans, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Responsible for supplying crane technical support and assurance to the assets for crane/L&H equipment on an as needed basis.
- Engineering support focused on cranes.
- Corrective and Preventative Maintenance owner to include continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coordinates and implements maintenance on critical crane and lifting and hoisting appliances.
- Analyze inspection data.
- Conducts and supports RCAs.
- Provide input to budgets.
- Monitor performance of cranes and lifting and hoisting equipment to identify business improvement opportunities.
- Provides technical support for failure recovery and coordination of repairs for cranes and L&H equipment.
- Provide technical assurance for changes to existing equipment.
- Provide input on new build crane and L&H projects.
- Conduct audits, FATs and QA of crane and L&H contractors.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) oil and gas experience.
- Commitment to Safety as a value.
- Proven experience in facilities and topsides engineering.
- Experience with RCFA.
- Ability to work across team and with cross discipline teams.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with engineers and operators.
- Able to work offshore and visit filed sites.
- Change management experience.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video