Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Environmental Scientist -Decommissioning to join their team based in Aberdeen.
This will be a contract role up to 12 Months
To ensure Compliance with UK environmental regulatory requirements and to support efforts to minimise the environmental impacts from the UK business.
Accountabilities and End Results:
Provide support to the Decommissioning Team on Environmental matters by:
- Assessing the risk of interactions of Decommissioning activities with the Environment.
- Transacting all environmental applications and permits required by Decommissioning activities, primarily: final clean and disconnect; removals; and disposals.
- Supporting activities required to maintain the certified Environmental Management System.
- Collation and Reporting of environmental emissions data.
- Reporting and investigation of environmental incidents.
Primary Functions & Dimensions:
- Transacting Chemical, Oil Discharge, Offshore
- Combustion and emissions trading permits.
- Contributing to Environmental Impact Assessments of activities including increased production, seabed impacts and noise assessments.
Providing input to:
- Waste management issues
- Sampling and analysis requirements for offshore discharges to sea and solid wastes;
- Radioactive Substances issues and permitting;
- Internal and external reporting of environmental emissions data and information;
- Preparation, review and submission of Environmental Statements, where required; and
- Providing advice to the Decommissioning Team to ensure that the Decommissioning environmental requirements are met.
- Previous experience working as a research scientist or in an analytical laboratory or with experience in providing environmental support within the oil & gas industry.
- Minimum Requirement: BSc in Biological or Chemical sciences (if a more generic science degree is held then biology and chemistry at A/Higher level must be demonstrated).
- Optional Requirement: Higher qualification in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. MSc).