Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Add Energy is an international consultancy provider delivering robust engineering, consultancy and software solutions to the energy industry on a global scale. In their 30 years of global operation, Add Energy has become a trusted service provider to the energy industry which is evidenced by their comprehensive client base and growing pool of worldwide Master Service Agreements.
Add Energy's Asset and Integrity Management business unit deliver specialised solutions through subject matter expert maintenance and reliability engineering, supported by a unique toolbox of proprietary software analytical tools developed in partnership with industry and academia. Their commitment to high standards and quality is demonstrated through their excellent client relationships and extensive repeat business.
We are delighted to be working with Add Energy in recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a 1 year contract basis.
The role will include providing technical input into ensuring reliability of equipment, within area of responsibility (mechanical handling/lifting equipment), is maintained including input into RAM, Criticality and FMECA studies, within a team environment.
- Interrogation of existing client maintenance strategies and procedures, Written Schemes of Examination and Job Routines, and extraction of relevant data for incorporation into new Master maintenance strategies.
- Assist in establishing and updating maintenance strategies including recognition of aging and obsolete equipment.
- Review and approve amendments to mechanical equipment (static, rotating, lifting) operational procedures, including, isolation standards, system and equipment testing, OFM, etc.
- Ensures that equipment, operation and maintenance comply with design specifications and safety standards;
- Ensure that the condition and operation of equipment is in line with overall procedures, regulations, unit-specific Procedures and performance standards.
- Organises and establishes control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of materials and systems
- Monitor amendments to legislation and industry guidelines, and ensure continued compliance for operational units.
- Develop common mechanical equipment maintenance and inspection strategies and practices across all client assets and ensure sharing of best practices globally throughout the operations.
- Provide input to mechanical equipment studies such as HAZID / HAZOP, RBI and design reviews, to ensure legislative compliance and safety of personnel and equipment.
- Participate in the preparation and evaluation of technical bids and tenders.
- Attend client reliability workshops and provide input as respective discipline authority.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in oil & gas industry as Mechanical Discipline Engineer.
- Appropriate degree or equivalent technical qualification in related subject e.g. Mechanical Engineering or Reliability Engineering (Mechanical bias).
- Previous experience in the design, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting with cranes, rotating (pumps, compressors, turbines) and static (vessels, tanks, piping/valves, heat exchangers) equipment and setting up proactive practices and predictive, preventative maintenance programs.
- Fully familiar with FMEA (failure mode effects analysis), RCA (root cause analysis), RCM (reliability centred maintenance) and RBI (risk based inspection) practices.
- Understanding and knowledge of oil and gas international / national codes, standards of practise and legislation including knowledge of international standards such as RBI and ASME / API.
- Ability to converse comfortably at a technical level with peer engineers.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft packages and familiarity with the software based maintenance systems, i.e. SAP, MAXIMO.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of equipment reliability engineering, commissioning and pre-commissioning.
- Experience of using project management tools to ensure jobs are delivered to client standards.
- Previous experience of training graduate engineers.