Skills: HR - General, Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a HR Administrative Assistant(contract to hire) to join our team in Houston, TX. The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for formatting documents and providing clerical support to client projects. This role will also assume other duties/responsibilities for the office on a regular basis.
*At this time, we will only consider applications from US citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
The HR Administrative Assistant shall:
- Coordinate with Office Manager to implement AltaBlue templates and/or recreate documents/forms as necessary to meet formatting standards for reports, technical notes, CTRs, project resumes, personnel resumes and other documentation as needed.
- Provide clerical support to client projects: Performing data entry, printing, and expediting of deliverables to ensure compliance, tracking employee logs – new hires and leavers, and proper filing of confidential documents.
- Coordinate with AltaBlue Manager to ensure office runs smoothly, including an upcoming/future office moves: furniture, staff and network/telecom connectivity.
- Provide back-up to the AltaBlue Manager during absences: administrative support to company executives, travel arrangements for staff, business visas, and office management.
- Administering drug screens and submitting backgrounds for new Altablue employees.
- Confirm PO’s, acquiring signatures, scanning and emailing them to HR, in a timely manner.
- Onboarding new AltaBlue employees – employee file, I-9, E-Verify, benefits, ADP Workforce now platform.
- Interfacing with finance department to resolve payroll and invoice discrepancies
- Maintain Altablue insurance enrollments by ensuring employee elections are entered in ADP WFN and with insurance provider.
• Minimum H.S. Diploma;
• Three to five years administrative support experience in a similar role
• Excellent communications skills
- Must have intermediate to advanced level in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Very well organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent phone manner
- Experience handling confidential information
- ‘Can do’ attitude
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC142957 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.