Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Morecambe, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager with experience in the nuclear industry to join our Clean Energy business that supports clients in the nuclear industry in the UK and Europe from EDF's nuclear site at Heysham.
The Wood Clean Energy business provides specialist engineering, safety case support and project management to our customers’ operations within the Nuclear Sector. We have long term relationships with several major clients in the civil nuclear and defence industries. We have opportunities to work across a variety of nuclear projects at all stages of the project life cycle, from initial planning to end of life decommissioning.
You will be joining an organisation that delivers an integrated customer solution that draws upon the global Wood skills base and our supply chain partners. From the commencement of your employment, you will be expected to lead a small team of maintenance engineers working directly on the customer site and work closely with the customers contract manager to sustain the capability on site and grow across the rest of EDF Energy nuclear business.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally qualified to degree level or someone with substantial knowledge and experience in the role who has received appropriate training.
- Understand business objectives and contribute to their achievement
- Have commercial awareness relating to cost and value of the service provided
- Knowledge and experience of nuclear plant systems or structures
- Can analyse and provide practical recommendations and solutions to clients’ technical problems from own expertise
- Able to produce comprehensive, unambiguous technical specifications, which are fit for procuring work either by the client direct or via Wood
- Provides technical support and guidance to other team members with technical knowledge of engineering practices
The main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure that Wood site operations comply with legislative and Company HSSE Policy
- Ensure that all site activities are conducted safely, and in accordance with procedures.
- Act upon any issues of safety, environmental and plant issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that staff are trained and authorised to undertake their site duties and sufficient succession planning is in place to support the ongoing growth of the business.
- Where applicable perform duties of a Nominated Supervisor, Competent Person E&M and NR under the EDF Safety Rules.
- Where applicable act as the Radiation Protection Supervisor (this role may be delegated)
- Periodically report progress of the project providing information that may improve the effectiveness of the activities work conducted and how they may add value.
- Maintain a regular dialogue with the client to ensure that all projects are clearly specified and maximise the value of work to Wood
- Deliver cost-effective engineering solutions, which optimise project and service cost
- Provide accurate estimates of engineering work for tenders/proposals and reliable cost estimate inputs to Wood Tender Review Panel to support client project costing exercises
- Ensure that all projects are managed profitably and that all variations are identified and monies recovered
- Lead technical discussions with clients to assist with winning future business
- Enable the production of clear, unambiguous technical specifications that minimise project risks arising from procurement.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.