Skills: Design Engineer, PDMS / PDS, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Brief Posting Description
We are gathering resumes for a future need of Senior Offshore Structural Designers to join our team in Houston, TX.
*Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Checking pipe and tray support drawings using 3D PDMS
- Must have experience in navigating and checking drawings in PDMS
- When not checking supports, designer will need to design/model supports in PDMS and generate 2D draft drawings
- Must be proficient with PDMS even though work will be generated using in house PDMS applications
- Become proficient with appropriate department software tools
- Build proficiency in drawing organization and production, extensive offshore experience
- Become proficient with department design and drafting standards and procedures
- Strong ethical standards. High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative
- Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable. Accountable for results
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects. Team player that works well with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC142889 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.