Skills: Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position will manage a team of Product Engineers / Specialized Engineering professionals engaged in the development of new Products. He will be responsible for delivering new Products & related services as per the business needs ensuring the defined processes are followed by the Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage requests to develop new products or associated services for one or multiple Business Units from start to completion - including prototyping, testing and qualification of products. Work closely with Sourcing & manufacturing team & Design Engineering team.
- Ensure business cases are developed for new Product Development with appropriate resource, project and cost planning
- Develop the team to explore information available from all sources, including journals, online published content, subscribed newsletters etc. including conducting literature survey and patent landscape analysis etc.
- Ensure the design for compliance with the relevant industry codes and or with the client design specifications.
- Help compile group metrics and drive more productivity and reduce average cycle time of design / development processes.
- Ensure the entry in Lesson Learned log after completion of each project by the team.
- Review and manage the Projects regularly for scope, budget and schedules plus related risk with best individual and team effort.
- Develop project plans; Coordinate projects; Communicate changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Ensure for proper tracking & maintenance of RFOS Form by proper Change Management Practices for correct billing for respective Projects.
- Lead the Team by mentoring, guiding & coaching the team members.
- Ensure proper distribution of works among the Team members.
- Assist in Capacity planning, budget preparation etc. for their respective Team.
- Ensure quality of service and resource utilization through measuring and monitoring key performance indicators (KPI's) for Product Development team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and understand client needs. Stay current on technical, industry trends and best practices
- Carry out associated administrative duty for the direct reportee viz. probation review, conducting appraisal, conducting interviews for recruitment, exit interview, leave approval, expense approval etc.
- Prepare Competency Matrix for the team and keep it up to date by reviewing it half yearly. Work towards improving the competency Level of the team.
- Approve Time entry for Team Leads in P6 and review the accuracy of Time sheets for billing purpose.
- Work towards establishing Operational Excellence at ODC. Support Quality Management System implementation at ODC and drive Continuous Improvement process.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelors / Master Degree in Mechanical/Ocean/Subsea Engineering with minimum 8 / 6 yrs of experience. managing /leading an Engineering / new product development team for at least 2 years is a must.
- Deep expertise in Robust product design & problem solving tools such as DFSS, DFMEA, Reliability scorecard, TRIZ, 8D and other six sigma tools.
- Familiarity with Benchmarking of competitor’s products of the relevant segment with reference to technology, features, construction, materials, reliability, quality, cost etc.
- Strong knowledge of more than one relevant Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Familiarity with Program management / Project management including exposure with Microsoft Project Management / Primavera P6 is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Self motivated, confident and passionate
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Able to make decisions in conflicting situation
- Should be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Persistence and highly self motivated;
- Iterative mindset
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.