Skills: HR - General
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an HR Business Partner(Contract) to join our team in Houston, USA. This position will report directly to HR Manager.
At this time, we will only consider applications from US citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Provide strategic Human Resources (HR) leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative HR strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends and identify and implement the appropriate to assigned client groups
· Identify and deliver solutions to support business leaders on decisions related to talent, employee relations, recruitment and compensation. Works with business leaders to define and align the talent strategy, improving organizational performance, and developing capabilities that deliver business results
· Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute HR strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth
· Strategically assesses talent, compensation, performance and change management needs andaligns multiple HR processes and programs to deliver holistic solutions to achieve desired results and impact the business
· Integral member of the business partner team, supporting client groups and acting as a change agent in the business to maximize all aspects of people performance.
· Provides advice and support for organizational change with an established reputation and track record as an effective and collaborative partner.
· Closely partners with organizational leadership on a broad range of strategic HR services, providing coaching and consultation that contributes to the client strategy and business goals
· Maintain an effective level of business acumen to provide a consultative approach to delivery of HR services.
· Leverage HR / business skills and knowledge to challenge or influence leadership in decision-making processes.
The successful candidate would possess the following attributes:
· Human Resource Technical Expertise and Practice
· Applies policies and procedures across organization
· Oversees risk management issues (ex. safety, health, legal, etc.)
· Implements solutions within designated area of responsibility
· Relationship Management
· Recognizes potential employee relations issues in a proactive manner and either resolves the issue or moves the concern to senior leaders
· Develops network of contacts of internal and external stakeholders including frontline managers, HR peers, and job candidates
· Champions implementation of strategic initiatives
· Coaches others throughout organization utilizing HR experience
· Develops HR and business process improvement solutions
· Organizational Leadership and Navigation
· Manages programs, policies, and procedures to support the organizational culture
· Implements plans using results-oriented goals for measuring success
· Serves as the principal liaison to frontline managers for HR strategies, philosophies, and initiatives within the organization
· Ethical Practice
· Reinforces difficult decisions that align with organizational strategies and values
· Performs as an ethical role model and positively influences managerial integrity and accountability
· Creates processes to ensure confidentiality and privacy of employee information and company data Critical Evaluation
· Conducts assessments to address problems and implements solutions within business units or company
· Maintains knowledge in the use of data, evidence-based research, benchmarks, HR and business metrics to make critical decisions
· Develops skill in building business cases for HR projects and initiatives
· Maintains working knowledge of business lines as well as competitive market
· 8+ years progressive Human Resources experience in employee relations, talent management, compensation, benefits and performance management
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or related field
· Strong HR Generalist experience in a fast- paced environment is required
· Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
· Must be able to provide creative solutions and unique approaches to HR/business challenges
· Must be an authentic thought partner with confidence and courage to push boundaries
· Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
Proven consulting and/or change management experience
· Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
· Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
· Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
· Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
· Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
· Ability to influence and problem solve in the areas of compensation, talent assessment, performance management, talent acquisition and employee relations
· Demonstrated ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization and be a strong contributing team member
· Strong collaboration and communication skills
· Dynamic, resourceful self-starter who can work independently and drive results
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC142838 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.