Skills: Pipeline Operator, Process Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion company, is looking for an Intermediate Pipeline Field Technician to join our team in Edmonton, AB.
Corrpro Canada, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.ca .
- General field labour and tool tracking under the guidance of project manager/designated project leader
- Obtain experience and knowledge in all aspects of pipeline services.
- Reporting functions such as data input, report revisions and formatting
- Support all Corrpro services
- Equipment and vehicle maintenance
- Safely Operate Quads/ATV, Snowmobiles, and 4X4 vehicles off road.
- Able to independently operate GPS equipment and gain Survey related experience
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in pipeline operations or construction industry with a general knowledge of in-line inspections (preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret pipeline alignment sheets will be considered and asset
- High School diploma
- Must be conversant with the needs of support people, technical personnel and customers; ensuring effective communication within crew and clientele
- Intermediate computer skills for inputting recorded field data into spreadsheet format
- Extensive travel across Canada, including remote locations will be required
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 5 Non-GDL Driver's License, with an acceptable Driver's Abstract will be required
- Successful completion of drug and medical testing will be a condition of employment.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.