Skills: Design Engineer, Engineering Manager
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Design and develop product in form of device, assembly or a system and validate it to formulate all required technical specifications. Works under general supervision.
Needs to perform the following activities under supervision:
- Study inputs available (drawings, CAD models, technical documents) for a product / design
- Evaluate customer inquiries & specifications and study all inputs available for a product or Engineering scope
- Design equipment to match specifications; includes concept creation, detailed design, design calculations, manufacturing drawings, bill of materials and product related technical documents
- Refine and improve product designs by evaluating current designs and developing new solutions
- Interpret & use industry codes & standards relevant to product being designed
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis of simple problems
- Handle the technical changes and updates in PLM/PDM systems
- Understand and comply to established Engineering processes
- Communicate regular progress updates to customer
- Ascertain Engineering deliveries with required quality, within schedule
- Contribute to improving existing Engineering processes
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
Experience & Software Skills
- Intermediate to Expert level user of Solidworks and PLM/PDM software
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD & any calculations software
- Familiarity with Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.