Midland, TX, US
Midland, TX, US
Skills: Operations Management, Stimulation , Well Servicing & Testing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Strong Base Salary + Bonus + Car + Excellent Benefits + 401K
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Our partner, a leading international specialty chemicals company with sales in excess of $1 billion, is growing!
With a global team of approximately 2000 employees, located in more than 20 countries, their footprint in market is both large and varied. Relying on manufacturing plants housed in North America and Europe, our partner produces innovative chemical solutions for the oilfield, oil refinery, and personal care markets.
The Oilfield Services business is a market leader in designing, formulating and producing oilfield chemicals for drilling, completions and production applications. With a focus on delivering the very best chemical technologies to drive performance, this team supports customers and projects in every major play/ basin within the United States. With steady growth being realized within this business, and as the market continues to rebound we are seeking an experienced District Manager located in Midland, TX to join this team.
In this role you will be responsible for the regional management of their Permian operations. With two strategic locations - both in Midland Texas, as well as Hobbs, New Mexico you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the business and internal resources who deliver production chemical solutions to oilfield customers. A true partner to both our sales organization as well as our technical/lab based team you will assist with maintaining existing business and growing opportunities with new customers. Managing a team which consists of Account Managers, Drivers, Production Service Technicians and Acid Operators; this role will see you support field based sales activity, large account management programs, and internal employee retention and growth. Field visits to customer locations to assist with project work, customer requirement identification, solutions creation, training and project/solution roll outs will be a critical activity.
Your previous area/district management experience supporting oilfield chemicals coupled with post-secondary education, or ten years relevant oilfield chemical experience will be both appreciated and valued. An analytical thinker who is a team builder, you possess excellent communication and problem solving skills. Your strong work ethic will be appreciated when timelines are tight and when working to deadline.
This is the opportunity of a lifetime - a career changer - where you will join an experienced team who love what they do, strive for excellence and create meaningful, long term careers
Reporting to the Vice President Permian
- Responsible for managing a rapidly expanding territory and supervising Account Managers, Drivers, Production Service Technicians, and Acid Operators.
- Mentoring individuals supporting the product lines and programs
- Develop objectives, and carry out performance reviews of assigned staff
- Develops and implements business plans and assist in the implementation of the company marketing plans as needed
- Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals.
- Understands and communicates company products, services, and pricing to potential and existing customers.
- Sale consultatively and resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, email, and networking.
- Research trends and developments of primary industry through the use of related publications, internet, and training sessions to maintain and grow current knowledge base.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage the district expenses for the entire region
- Experience - Minimum 5 years' District/Area Manager experience in oilfield chemicals for production applications and are fully conversant with upstream / midstream chemicals. Specialty chemical recommendations and applications experience is essential.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma + ten years' relevant experience
- Knowledge - Technical knowledge of chemical applications in oil & gas production. Complete understanding of oilfield processes is required. Chemistry and Metallurgy Application background in Paraffin, Corrosion, Scale and Hydrate Inhibition, Emulsion Breakers and Water Clarifiers, Scavengers, Dissolvers, Cleaners and Biocides.
- Technical & Team Leadership Skills - Previous experience having led sales, account management and district support teams, within a production focused Chemical business (Chemical Companies, Major Operators) is desired. Previous experience working closely with sales teams to create customer specific solutions and responding to technical proposals (both solicited and unsolicited) is key.
- Excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational abilities is desired
- Highly competitive base salary and annual performance bonus
- Company Vehicle with gas card
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Lovely 401(k) program with company match
Interested? Let's Chat! All inquiries confidential.