Skills: Document Control
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St James, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Power & Process is seeking a Document Controller for a field assignment located at a project site in St. James Parrish, LA. The Document Controller will have comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in all conventional aspects of document management as it relates to company projects. Assignments may require judgment, independent evaluation, adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
This anticipated duration of this assignment is 12 to 18 months.
- Provide the production and organizing of the project documents to meet the needs of the project and maintain those documents in auditable condition at all times
- Perform general clerical tasks as required
- Operating document reproduction equipment
- Scanning vendor drawings and drawings with mark-ups
- Entering data and document information into the document management database
- Preparing and distributing drawing packages
- Independently planning, scheduling and performing broadly defined clerical and document management assignments
- Developing new techniques and solutions and routinely suggests and justifies work process improvements
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge and experience with MS Word, Access and Excel
- Knowledge and experience with document processing principles and practices
- Clerical experience in an engineering and / or construction office with direct knowledge of processing vendor and engineering documents
- Good communication skills: speaks and writes clearly and informatively; listens and gets clarification, if needed
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Follow instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions
- Displays willingness to make decisions; supports and explains reasoning for decision
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Asks for and offers help when needed
- Applies feedback to improve performance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer other than current employer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit
- May require close vision work
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.