Skills: Barge Master, OIM
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
AUV Offshore Managers primary duty will be as the offshore company (Oceaneering Inc.) representative for AUV projects.
The position of AUV Offshore Manager exists for the purpose of managing and carrying out required tasks in the field for AUV and geophysical survey projects, as requested by manager or project specific manager, and / or field client representatives for the survey project’s field activities. This position is responsible for assuring that client needs are effectively met regarding field activities, and that all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating and sending Daily Producitvity Reports (DPR’s)
- Coordinating and communicating with clients, survey crew members, vessel crew and project managers
- Working with Project manager and Operations Manager to ensure project success
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by client or project manager
- Responsible for care, maintenance and iventory of company equipment
- Responsible for daily communication and planning with AUV, survey and vessel crew
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Responsible for data quality and backup of data products
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Responsible for offshore operations including personnel, daily progress and asset utilization
- Conduct and document daily Job Safety Analysis (JSEA), Safety Toolbox Meetings, etc.
- Creating and maintaing weekly reports
- Understanding of geophysical operations
- Understanding of geological interpretation and charting requirements
- Understanding of AUV technical operations
- All other duties assigned
- This position has no direct reports however has in the field temporary supervisory responsibilities of the assigned crew.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four or more years experience in the AUV or Offshore survey field.
- Must be proficient with a variety of the field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations such as GPS, USBL, Sound Velocity processing and geophysical data collection
- Must have valid driver’s license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements
- Two year technical degree or higher in field of study
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.