Skills: Accounting, Bookkeeper
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Henderson, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Henderson
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company?- Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We-re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you-re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Manages the Corporation-s Accounts Payable process, including multiple corporate card programs, travel management, sales and use tax issues, 1099-s and vendor management processes and strategies. Maximizes SAP ERP software to ensure standardized, streamlined and accurate invoice processing within the Supply Chain procurement to payment processes. Provides strong motivational leadership to a diverse team. Ensures accuracy and quality of transactional data and processes, cost effectiveness of procurement to payment process, and compliance to policies, utility regulations and GAAP.
- Provides leadership and departmental direction for a diverse multi-layered team. Manages overall business planning, staffing, performance appraisals, problem resolution and other duties consistent with leading a diverse organization. Develops strategies in collaboration with Sourcing, Procurement and Cash Management around the proper procurement to payment methodologies for transactional processing and cash settlement. Drives continuous improvement efforts to improve overall automation of the work order to payment process.
- Manages the daily operations of a high volume Accounts Payable department for the company. Ensures accurate and timely transaction execution for PO and Non-PO invoicing, EDI, ERS and credit card programs and processes. Ensures underlying processes are efficient and ensures employees operate in accordance with these policies and procedures, upholding proper internal controls. Facilitates and reviews reconciliations with vendors and performs required General Ledger reconciliations.
- Manages data governance stewardship over vendor management processes and leverages opportunities to automate and streamline supplier databases.
- Develops corporate policy revisions or new policies to enhance Supply Chain operating requirements and to ensure conformance to laws and regulations. Understands and drives alignment with corporate sales and use tax processes, 1099 compliance requirements, cash management strategies and other utility specific regulations.
- Develops clear communications to educate the corporation on overall accounts payable processes and performance. Handles all internal and external inquires, audits, business area and customer concerns regarding invoice and payment processes. Coordinates with all upstream processes to improve overall invoice workflow.
- Bachelor-s degree in Accounting or related field, plus 5 years management and 5 or more years leading high volume accounts payable organization, or a combination of education and accounting or supply chain related experience equivalency.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Proficient in financial/accounting systems and Microsoft Office products, reporting tools or other analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable in electronic commerce such as Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Electronic Receipt Settlement (ERS) or other automated workflow processes.
- Experience with system conversions a plus.
- Demonstrated strong planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented leadership is required. SAP experience a plus.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Henderson
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. utility which serves more than 3.5 million electric customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight states.
Our mission is to provide clean, safe reliable energy to our customers through a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydro, coal, nuclear and natural gas.