Skills: Contracts Engineer, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
· Performs research, negotiations and establishment of contracts with qualified vendors in order to secure quality equipment on time at optimum cost savings for the Company.
· Draft, evaluate, negotiate, and execute contracts (various types, including lump sum [firm, fixed price], time based, and multi-year contracts).
· Performs qualification of new vendors.
· Prepares bid evaluation documentation from vendors and analyzes cost versus approved budgets and estimates.
· Maintains an awareness of supplier activity to ensure supply of materials, equipment and services in order to meet current and future schedule needs.
· Works with Supervisor Contracts Services in the development of effective negotiating strategies.
· Coordinates development of supplier performance management process and compliance in order to promote supply advantage.
· Assists in the development of metrics and controls to manage and monitor vendor relationships.
· Assists the Supervisor Contracts Services in assuring that contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports, and other documents for all projects are maintained.
· Follows the maintenance requirements for the inventory of master service agreements (MSAs), consulting agreements, and other agreements essential to the projects.
· Prepares Requests for Proposals (RFP) and coordinates the bidding process through contract award.
· Performs contract renewal, extension or close-out.
· Assists to resolve invoice and purchase order variances.
· Assists in overall customs compliance procedures and best practices related to entry and release of materials and tax advantages.
· Supports the purchases of major equipment, supplies, and services that are ordered on Company systems as agent for Company and processed through the company Oracle automated system.
Education and Certifications: A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related business
Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years' experience in Supply Chain Management preferably within the LNG or oil and gas industry. Must have experience in strategic sourcing, developing, Request for Quotations and bid evaluations for large capital equipment. Experience in logistics, traffic and shipping; both international and domestic.
The ability to demonstrate the following competencies to the described level to include but not limited to:
• Effective at managing work load while controlling costs and maintaining/improving quality
• Manages time and deals well with conflicting demands and priorities
• Adapts well to modification of plans in response to changing circumstance
• Develops cooperative relationships with key contacts essential to getting the job done
Seeks clarity in conversations in order to completely understand the information
• Develops and maintains clear communication with clients regarding expectations
• Understands Company's priorities and their relationship to the asset strategy
• Ability to recognize potential consequences of decisions on other Company activities and consults appropriately
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
• Communicates information clearly interpreting and clarifying details and explaining rationale
• Has a clear sense of direction for the team and objectives and tracks progress against those objectives
• Ability to provide specific coaching to others in order to assist them in completing tasks and monitoring performance
• Considers potential financial impacts when determining priorities and actions
• Makes clear decisions in the face of conflicting priorities
• Able to break down problems or process into component parts in order to reach solutions
• Able to make the connection in information from different and unrelated sources
• Capable of generating new ideas and good at putting those ideas into the wider context
• Takes the initiative to make changes in working methods to do things better, faster and more efficient
Computer skills including, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Professional), SharePoint, and Documentum. Exposure to Oracle Applications (Purchasing, Inventory, Payables).
SUPPLY CHAIN COMPETENCIES - LEVEL AND SAMPLE DESCRIPTION:
• Category Strategy Development and Application: Basic: Deploys sub-commodity strategy within own area with limited supervision
• Demand Management: Skillful: Develops demand forecasts for specific commodities and categories
• Sourcing: Skillful: Manages large value, complex selection processes (multi-million, multi-year, regional); leading development of qualifications and award criteria for category teams at the sub-category level
• Negotiating and Influencing: Skillful: Segments the negotiation in order to deliver the best outcome for Company, ensuring a broad and longer-term view of value is taken
• Contract Execution and Management: Skillful: Develops clear and concise contractual documentation for more complex or medium risk contracts (e.g. larger items of Terminal equipment) or customizes templates as required
• Materials Management: Basic: Utilizes material management processes and tools, and uses material control systems
• Supplier Performance/Relationship Management: Basic: Contributes to the establishment of SPM/SRM objectives through the understanding of the appropriate level required
• Supply Chain Risk Management: Skillful: Manages key risks assessment and mitigation at an agreement level, involving and facilitating input from appropriate specialists
• Financial Skills: Skillful: Demonstrates ability to apply various cost calculation methods such as cash-flow analysis, total cost of ownership, all information available in the LexisNexis too to conduct a deeper financial analysis in order to deliver significant additional value
• Project Management: Skillful: Develops and leads a portfolio of strategic implementation plans developed for local/regional strategies