Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Estimating
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Manages the pre-project planning and estimation efforts for offshore hook-up and commissioning. Analyzes drawings, specifications, and contracts to prepare cost, labor, material and service estimates. Assists the Proposals team with development of a compliant, thorough project proposal. Handover to project team upon award. Liaise with various vendors and subcontractors to support the proposal. Project Manager with building of the project team and development of all project work scopes and execution plans. May work exclusively on either civil/industrial projects or oilfield production fabrication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will use their extensive international offshore construction experience to respond to customer proposals and requests in a timely fashion. This position will be an integral part of the Proposals team. Candidate must have the ability to work independently and under strict, challenging time deadlines.
• Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
• Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
• Must possess the ability to identify missing information during the proposal stage, write technical qualification and clarification questions to the RFQ organization.
• Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
• Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
• Organizes and manages a centralized cost-estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data are utilized.
• Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
• Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
• Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
• Plans and coordinates all construction works such as onshore fabrication/ LOSF/ Transportation / Offshore Installation and Modifications / Hook-up and Tie-ins in a joint effort with QA/QC, SH&E and Commissioning teams to ensure Safety, Health and Environmental compliance and timely completion within controlled budget and Projects pre-defined technical specifications.
• Must possess the ability to write detailed construction plans, including project execution plan and work packages.
• Responsible for developing HUC execution methodology and equipment planning.
• Responsible for construction equipment planning, maintenance & spares.
• Develops mobilization plan - timing, sequence, crew mix.
• Responsible for work pack review, work permit preparation.
• Interfaces internally with Senior Project Management and may participate in project reviews.
• Identifies external Interfaces with Procurement Vendors, Subcontractors, Certifying Authorities, Marine Warranty Surveyor and other personnel as required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in an appropriate engineering or construction discipline or commensurate experience with offshore construction company is preferred. Minimum 10 years' experience preferred.
• Must have strong experience in offshore brownfield / hook-up and commissioning construction.
• Must have extensive experience in offshore brownfield modifications, subsea pipelines installation, tie-in and testing.
• Must have a good understanding of typical EPCI contractual agreements and ability to identify potential cost and schedule risk items and developing mitigation strategies.
• Must have the ability to understand and review P-6 schedules.
• Must possess excellent problem solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
• Must be self-motivated and capable of working as part of a team, sometimes in a challenging time sensitive environment.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with extensive command of English.
• Must have above average command of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Adobe reader.
• Must be able to read, interpret and understand construction drawings and technical specifications.
• Must be fully experienced in multi-lingual environments with extensive overseas experience.
• Must have successful day-to-day communications with Company and Client personnel.
• Must have experience in management of and coordination with Construction Subcontractors.
• Must have working experience in Saudi Arabia, Middle East, West Africa and South America.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.