Skills: Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Responsible to perform manufacturing engineering functions associated with component manufacturing including machined, fabricated and assembled components. Manufacturing Engineer will work to define, document, and qualify process and inspection plan supporting new product development and/or production of existing products.
Duties to include defining & implementing process improvements and best practices while working closely with vendors and clients
Duties & Responsibilities
- WORK CLOSELY WITH ENGINEERING AND DESIGN TEAMS CONCERNING PRODUCT DESIGN TO ENSURE EFFICIENCY IN MANUFACTURING METHODS AND PROCESS CAPABILITIES.
- CREATE STANDARDS, WORK INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCESS MAP FOR MACHINING, HYDRAULICS / ASSEMBLY / TEST AND COATING PURPOSE.
- PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR BIDS & PROPOSALS THROUGH EFFECTIVE COST ESTIMATES.
- ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN NCR DISPOSITIONS, INITIATE DESIGN CHANGES AS REQUIRED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MRB (MATERIAL RECORD BOOK) SUPPORT.
- ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN THE SOURCING / INSPECTION / TESTING OF MACHINED / SHEET METAL / FORGED COMPONENTS AS PER PROJECT REQUIREMENTS.
- PARTICIPATE IN PRODUCT DESIGN REVIEWS AND NEW MATERIAL EVALUATION - RECOMMEND MODIFICATIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS.
- WORK WITH SUBCONTRACTORS TO DETERMINE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND ARRANGE FOR PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT, MATERIALS, OR PARTS, AND EVALUATES PRODUCTS ACCORDING TO SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALITY STANDARDS THAT MEET DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS.
- WORK WITH MANAGEMENT, ENGINEERING, AND OTHER STAFF REGARDING MANUFACTURABILITY, SCHEDULE ESTIMATES, AND OTHER CONSIDERATIONS TO FACILITATE MANUFACTURING PROCESSES.
- IN CONJUNCTION WITH DESIGN ENGINEERING, ASSISTS WITH TOOLING, JIG AND FIXTURE DESIGN.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives.
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all contracting and procurement activities are conducted in accordance with policy and ethical and business practices.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engg with minimum 8 years of Design / drafting experience or B. Tech / B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 6 years of Experience.
- Well versed with engineering & manufacturing drawings with sound understanding to interpret GD&T (standards ASME Y 14.5)
- Ability to read and interpret machining/fabrication tolerances and processes.
- Hands on experience in using all types of measuring & testing equipment, both contact / non-contact and analog / digital.
- Well versed with the coating & painting and galvanization requirements.
- Good understanding in user of any 3D CAD software.
- Practical exposure to various manufacturing and vendor development activities at organizational level.
- Strong experience in product design, material selection, as machining, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Experience of working in an ISO environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequent visit to vendor / manufacturing site is required.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.