Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Engineering Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
To provide Drafting and/or Inspection data support under minimal supervision to all Oceaneering Project Teams.
PREPARE 3D CAD MODEL USING SOLID-WORKS.
DRAFTING OF MANUFACTURING / WELDMENT / ASSEMBLY / LAYOUT / GA DRAWINGS AND HYDRAULIC / ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS.
PERFORM THE CONVERSION OF TECHNICAL DATA TO DIFFERENT CAD FORMATS, INCLUDING AUTOCAD TO SOLIDWORKS CONVERSION & VICE VERSA.
EXECUTING THE PROJECT/TASK WITH SET/REQUIRED KPI’S (OTD, FPY, EV)
BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF DRAFTING STANDARDS E.G. ASME Y14.5 AND EQUIVALENT BS/ISO STANDARDS.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF WELDING, TOLERANCE, SURFACE FINISH AND DIMENSIONING SYMBOLS.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF DRAFTING SYMBOLS AND THEIR APPLICATION FOR TOLERANCE, SURFACE FINISH, FASTENERS, SCREW THREADS AND WELDED JOINTS.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE TO THE DESIGN LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE I.E. ENOVIA OR EPDM.
UNDERTAKE ANY OTHER DUTIES OF A REASONABLE NATURE AS REQUIRED BY MANAGEMENT.
- Creating Piping/Vessel Inspection Isometric drawings as per standard operating procedures.
- P&ID and as-built reading and translating the information into Inspection Isometric drawings.
- Maintaining and updating the Inspection data and Inspection drawing data in ACET
- Contribute to improving existing Engineering processes
- Demonstrates high level of initiative to accomplish individual objectives assigned as well as team goals
- Should be open to travel as per business needs.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Diploma in Mech Engg with minimum 4 years of Design / drafting experience or B. Tech / B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years of Experience.
- Familiarity with Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g. ASME, ASTM, AISC etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.