Chesterfield, MO, US
Chesterfield, MO, US
Skills: Executive, HR - General, HR - Trainer / Instructor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chesterfield, MO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Aegion's Infrastructure Solutions platform includes Insituform Technologies, Fyfe Co., Fibrwrap Construction, MTC and Underground Solutions. These companies provide leading technologies and installation support for pipeline rehabilitation and strengthening solutions for pipelines, buildings, bridges and other structures. There are approximately 1,700 employees in ISP performing work in as many as 15 countries at any time.
The Vice President, Human Resources (HRVP) is directly responsible for the overall leadership and coordination of the human resource function for the Infrastructure Solutions Platform (ISP). This position collaborates closely with Aegion Corporate HR to ensure clear and consistent process and policy coordination where needed, to include areas like Succession Planning, Supervisor and Leadership training, Performance Management, and the annual merit and incentive plan (AIP) planning process. The HRVP serves as the point person for all labor compliance and regulatory affairs for ISP. This position collaborates closely with the Operations and Safety teams to ensure their HR needs are anticipated and met.
Additionally, t his position manages all employees (10) of the HR department and often engages temporary and contract employees to ensure the business is successful. The HRVP is responsible for the hiring and performance management of the employees within the department.
This HRVP is a member of the HR and ISP leadership teams and is a critical link between the business and the corporate HR function.
- Provides leadership to the staff of the ISP Human Resource Department.
- Ensures all operations (crew level) staffing needs are met in a highly efficient, high quality and timely manner.
- Collaborates with the corporate HR teams to ensure a seamless service delivery model to all Aegion employees.
- Maintains knowledge of Federal, State and local employment legislation and regulations, and ensures organizational compliance.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the business unit
- Serves as point person for all employee relations matters for ISP.
- Recommends and communicates changes in the organization's Human Resources policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Accountable to lead ISP in the execution of the organization's succession planning, performance management, merit and bonus planning processes.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development processes for the organization; also leads the succession planning processes.
- Collaborates with the HRIS team to help maintain a system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Participates on special projects for ISP, the Aegion HR team, or other parts of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or related field; MBA or Master's degree in a related field preferred
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
- Minimum 10 years of Human Resources experience, 3 years of experience leading an HR team.
- Proven experience leading a strategic HR team in a multi-location construction, manufacturing or heavy industry setting.
- Strong domestic employment and regulatory compliance experience.
- Exceptional talent development skills with experience developing and deploying talent strategies that build deep leadership benches and succession plans
- Proven track record of solving complex HR problems in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrated ability to link HR practices to the needs of the business, with outstanding customer service skills.
- Exposure to organized labor and union workforces.
- Experience leading an organization through annual HR practices, including performance management and goal setting, merit/bonus planning, benefits open enrollment, succession planning, etc.
- Exceptional process management skills, with experience developing process metrics and continuous improvement measures
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.