Skills: Maintenance Technician, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler have identified a requirement for the provision of mechanical offshore support engineering services. The apointed service provider will have extensive experience in the oil and gas industry and will be required to assist in offshore maintenance coordination to improve efficiency and ensure delivery of key maintenance activities. This role will be based in Aberdeen with visits to the Centrica Barrow gas terminal for six months.
- Co-ordinate onshore based maintenance support of ten offshore installations working closely with the Offshore Operations Team
- On a day-to-day basis allocate and drive completion of maintenance support activities within the wider support organisation
- Ensure effective support is provided to a core offshore maintenance organisation of technicians and engineers including running the weekly Offshore Maintenance Support meeting
- Working closely with the maintenance planners and schedulers to ensure high levels of plan compliance for activities involving external resources i.e. vendors, hired equipment etc
- Take responsibility for delivering maintenance exceptional activities / mini-maintenance projects on behalf of the CPC and NUI Offshore Multi-Discipline (OMDEs) Engineers
- Support the Offshore Maintenance Teams in closing out planned works comments and delivery of the Process Safety Dashboard improvement plan, where necessary working with Production Integrity and Asset Integrity to facilitate additional support
- Ensure effective day-to-day management of key (specifically identified) offshore maintenance support contracts
- Represent Offshore maintenance at relevant meetings
- Provide maintenance input to the Close Out of modifications
Skills / Qualifications
- HNC/D or equivalent in appropriate subject
- Good Knowledge of SAP
- Expediting experience
- IT Literate (Excel / Word etc)
- Relevant offshore survival e.g. BOISET, MIST
- Oil & Gas industry experience, specifically on offshore production platforms
- Proven experience in maintenance planning activities and execution
- Experience in SAP work processes, workflow management, material management close out reporting
- Expediting experience with proven track record
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative
- Management of expediting teams on small maintenance projects
- Experience of allocation of expediting activities within the expediting team
- Experience of implementing and ensuring adherence to supply chain management processes
- Proven experience in expediting delivery of packages, equipment and material items, and design data from suppliers
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple purchase orders and associated deliverables
- Ability to understand, analyse and challenge supplier production schedules
- Demonstrate good organisational and co-ordination skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to liaise and effectively communicate at all levels of the business, both internally and externally
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to HSSE
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.