Skills: Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods & services as per Oceaneering's business requirement. Responsible for managing vendors by performing planned procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, explore better opportunities and develop more profitable Vendors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- EXPLORE, INITIATE, DEVELOP NEW SUPPLIERS FOR KEY TARGET COMMODITIES.
- CO-ORDINATE/PARTNER WITH LOCAL VENDORS ALIGNED WITH OUR SOURCING STRATEGY.
- DEVELOP NEW VENDORS CONSIDERING THEIR PRODUCT QUALITY, PRODUCT COST AND CAPABILITY.
- ASSIST IN CONDUCTING QUALIFICATION & COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS OF VENDOR PRODUCTS / SERVICES.
- DEVELOP SOURCING PLAN ON QUALITY, PRICE, DELIVERY, AND SERVICE NECESSARY TO MEET ORGANIZATION REQUIREMENTS.
- FOLLOW UP / RECEIVING QUOTATIONS AND MAKING PRICE COMPARISONS.
- PROVIDE SUPPORT TO PROJECT TEAM IN THEIR PROPOSAL AND DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS.
- PLAN AND ORDER MATERIALS IN CO-ORDINATION WITH THE PROJECT TEAM TO ENSURE ALL PROJECT REQUIREMENTS AND SCHEDULES ARE MET.
- WORKING WITH CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAMS TO DRIVE EXECUTION OF PROJECTS.
- SUPPORT PRICING AND COMMERCIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS NEGOTIATIONS WITH SUPPLIERS.
- MAKING PROCESS FLOW, CONTROL PLAN AND INSPECTION FOR INCOMING / PURCHASED MATERIAL.
- MONITORING DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION STATUS PHYSICALLY.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives.
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all contracting and procurement activities are conducted in accordance with policy and ethical and business practices.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engg with minimum 4 years of Design / drafting experience or B. Tech / B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years of Experience.
- Basic level user of any 3D CAD software.
- Experience / ability to work on sourcing activities across multiple commodities / product categories.
- Practical exposure to various manufacturing and vendor development activities at organizational level.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequent visit to vendor / manufacturing site is required.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.