Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: HR - General
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Systems Administration Specialist(Contract) to join our team in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will serve as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional area and assists subject matters experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
*At this time, we will only consider applications with authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Coordinates system maintenance, including the following tasks: assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Provides production support for HRIS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performs scheduled activities; recommends solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Manages projects/process improvement, including the following tasks: apply change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality. Identifies and understand issues, problems and opportunities. Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various customers and peers to accomplish project goals. Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Conducts training, including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains clients on new processes/functionality. Trains new system users.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HRIS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Human Resource Technical Expertise and Practice
- Generates and, when appropriate, implements solutions within designated area of responsibility
- Follows relevant laws and regulations
- Uses judgment to determine when to consult with higher-level management on problems or other issues.
- Listens effectively to potential issues before reacting with solutions
- Facilitates the resolution of transactional conflicts that arise
- Identifies stakeholder needs and refers as appropriate
- Develops a proactive perspective on consulting projects
Organizational Leadership and Navigation
- Seeks new ways to improve and recommends improvements to HR processes, transactions and outcomes.
- Acts consistently with and represents the culture of the organization.
Global and Cultural Effectiveness
- Assists with implementation of diversity/culture programs in local settings
- Demonstrates awareness and appreciation for the global multi-dimensional and diverse perspectives in organization’s line of business
- Demonstrates accountability for actions
- Possesses operational/processing expertise for assigned tasks
- Identifies inefficiencies and provides process improvement recommendations
Complexity, Scope, & Impact
- Finds creative solutions to multi-faceted and/or time sensitive, complex problems on a regular basis
- Often leads problem solving in the area of expertise and related situations
- Keeps manager informed of progress, potential controversial matters, far reaching implications or intractable problems
Interpersonal / Communication Requirements
- Produces top quality reports and documents
- Resolves employee issues or directs appropriately to other resources
- 3-6 years of experience in HRIS
- 2-4 years of experience in HR
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- May lift up to 15lb. packages.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC142148 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.