Skills: Corrosion Engineering
Other Skills: Corrosion Engineer, NACE Certification as CP2 or higher
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Gray, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This position is responsible for ensuring the Company's compliance with standards, requirements and all state and federal regulations as they relate to cathodic protection and internal corrosion control. Responsibilities include identifying and mitigating risks related to the Company's Pipeline assets, specifically managing cathodic protection, corrosion mitigation systems, and 3rd party Corrosion contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations that apply to cathodic protection and internal corrosion control
• Develop new processes in the areas of corrosion and corrosion engineering
• Design and supervise the installation of corrosion mitigation systems
• Collect and analyze data to determine the best and most cost effective means of protecting new and existing pipeline facilities based on detailed engineering evaluations
• Effectively maintain a corrosion database on various software platforms (PCS, Arc GIS)
• Develop plans to remedy cathodic deficiencies identified from contractor surveys
• Provide oversight for company and third party personnel that are responsible for monitoring and maintaining cathodic protection and corrosion mitigation systems
Education and Basic Requirements:
- College and/or technical degree in related field required
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) certification as a CP2 or higher is required
- Certification in NACE Specialist areas desired
- Working knowledge of cathodic protection trouble shooting techniques (DCVG, CIS, PCM, ACVG, IFK testing) required
- Utilizing corrosion coupon technology to monitor corrosion rates highly recommended
- Mastery with Excel functions, graphing, and data analysis required
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound recommendations, decisions and project plans that secure the continuing profitability of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (training, presentation, team collaboration and communication) with the ability to influence others