Skills: Business Analyst, Legal, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Counsel/Senior Counsel, located in Houston, Texas through September 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 238009
This is a Counsel/Senior Counsel position based in Houston, Texas and it provides support to the Information Technology Company (ITC) Contracting/Supplier Management Group. The position reports into Upstream Law in the Enterprise Contracts Law Group which provides legal services for major capital projects, drilling & completions and supply chain management. The attorneys in the group work closely with law management, business clients and outside counsel. The position reports to the Supervising Counsel, Enterprise Contracts. The attorney in this role will be responsible for providing advice on cloud, SaaS and cybersecurity-related issues and will review, draft and negotiate a range of technology-related contracts.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Substantial day-to-day negotiating responsibilities for cloud, SaaS, software, and IT hardware purchases
- Provide legal guidance to internal business partners on a range of technology, cybersecurity, and licensing issues.
- Support the training and development of contracting professionals and IT specialists in contract negotiation and the contract process.
- Be a well-rounded “utility player” on a team supporting the contracting and supplier management activities of Chevron’s enterprise IT organization.
- Counseling on the legal issues and related processes associated with outsourcing, consulting, licensing, hosting, software development, and other third party engagements. This includes negotiation of contracts, providing guidance on disputes, and monitoring of third party performance, participation in risk analysis, advising on process issues, and documentation related thereto.
- Engage with other subject matter experts (e.g. tax, IT, compliance) to coordinate and gain alignment on contracting issues.
- Help develop related tools, forms, and guidelines to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the contracting process.
- Juris Doctor in Law from an accredited U.S. law school and admission to practice in at least one state; active membership in the State Bar of Texas or State Bar of California, or actively admitted in another U.S. jurisdiction
- 5+ years’ experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating business contracts in a law firm or in-house setting
- Deep knowledge of and significant experience with cybersecurity, software, licensing, SaaS, cloud service, software development and other IT agreements
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation skills
- Experienced at drafting complex commercial and technology contracts and addressing unique intellectual property issues in a creative fashion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Articulate, detail oriented and hard-working
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Experience working with global clients
- Experience with data privacy law
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this positon.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.