Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a planner/scheduler to join our team in the Gulf of Mexico.The successful candidate will be required to undertake to minimize expenditures and improve equipment availability by identifying resources such as skills, materials, tools, procedures, specifications, drawings, etc. needed to accomplish the work and communicating when these resources are available so that the work can be scheduled.
This position will report directly to the manager.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
· Mechanical or Instrument & Electrical maintenance disciplines.
· Performing detailed planning of a work order from creation to completion in support of standards that involve requisitioning of resources and materials aligned with operational priorities and completion dates.
· Developing detailed Job Plan Packets.
· Identifying all the tasks required to effectively and efficiently define a job plan.
· Estimating the time required for individual segments and the total job.
· Identifying the skills required to accomplish each task.
· Developing work and manpower requirement estimates.
· Identifying and estimating special tool and equipment requirements.
· Identifying and estimating lifting equipment needs.
· Identifying and estimating contract service requirements.
· Identifying and estimating rental equipment requirements.
· Area process and support equipment and related components.
· Work and safety permits/procedures.
· Ensuring that all major equipment and material is ordered and deliveries are complete prior to the scheduled start date.
· Reading and interpreting equipment and design drawings.
· Reading and interpreting vendor information.
· Initiating the procurement process for materials and services (SAP requisitions).
· Supporting site Planning and be responsible for transactional and historical tracking.
· Consistently producing quality planned work orders placing them in a ready-to-schedule status.
· Additional duties per Supervisor.
• 5+ years in a Planning and Scheduling role
• 5+ years in Mechanical or I&E related work experience
• Willingness to work a 14/14 rotational schedule
• Willingness to travel long distances to work
• Experience on common planning tools such as SAP (PM & MM modules), MS Project, or
• High School diploma/GED
• Operations/Maintenance Technician with a certificate in P&S plus ?8 years of P&S
• Technologist diploma or Journeyman with 8+ years of P&S experience
• Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of P&S experience
Work schedule of 9/80; candidate must be live local
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC141877 correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system - applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.