Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Emergency Response, Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Other Skills: BOSIET, HUET, HAZOP, HAZID, OSHA and CSP Preferred
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The HSE Specialist will support the health, safety and environmental (HSE) operations for installations and construction, including buoy installation, with implementation of HSE processes and procedures; including the identification of HSE hazards and ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA, state/local HSE regulations and company policies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide on-site health and safety guidance and support to contractors in the field.
- Monitor contractor performance relative to regulatory standards, as well as, company HSE processes, procedures, and policies.
- Conduct on-site health and safety audits and verifications.
- Participate in incident investigations and notification process including, but not limited to, initial on-scene incident data collection.
- Confirm that all necessary sign-in logs, emergency plans, emergency numbers/contacts, etc. are located and properly maintained on location.
- When requested, review applicable Safety Alerts with appropriate field personnel on location.
- Utilize the company Stop Work Authority procedure to suspend any job or task when the control of HSE risk does not appear to be clearly established or understood.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and competence regarding the specific requirements within the company Safe Practices Manual, Industrial Hygiene Manual, and Contractor HSE Handbook.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 20+ years' experience in onshore and offshore installation and construction.
- Good computer skills, a working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Certifications and Training
BOSIET, HUET, HAZOP, HAZID, OSHA and CSP
- 12-hour shift rotation
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
JOB CODE: HSE-01-08112017
"to inspire and grow both People and Business, and to help others become Successful"