Skills: Business Development, Sales, Surveying
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Deer Park, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Saybolt - Deer Park, TX
The Business Development Team ("BDT") member is a central point of contact for clients utilizing Saybolt services. The Business Development Representative position not only provides services for the domestic market, but also presents a global overview for current and potential clients throughout Saybolt.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The role of the Business Development Team member is to develop, increase and maintain business for Saybolt. This process will be achieved by assigning specific client accounts and sales targets for each BDT member.
- The BDT member will be expected to achieve or exceed these targets. Each BDT member must be able to communicate well and have a working knowledge of the inspection, laboratory and calibration industry. Thorough analytical experience/expertise is not essential, but would be an advantage.
- Other responsibilities include maintaining client portfolios and relationships. The definition of 'maintaining' will include receiving and distributing all client information including instructions, requirements, questions and concerns.
- Contact with the client on a regular basis is required. This may include meetings, office visits, lunch/dinner appointments, conferences and seminars; telephone contact with the client. Communication with the BDT manager is required and essential in order to solve client problems in a proactive and timely manner.
- The BDT member is expected to maintain good client relationships with current clients and have a knowledge of the market place and industry in order to forecast new business. The number of clients the BDT member handles will be carefully controlled to ensure that all clients receive the standard of service they require.
- The BDT member must be available to clients at all times. Cell phones and laptop computers are made available to enable the BDT to operate outside the office and outside of office hours.
- The BDT member must be able to operate a computer to send emails and fax communications, as well as to compile spreadsheets and provide information for our client data base.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College degree required, with an emphasis in Marketing or Business preferred. Up to two (2) years of experience in the inspection industry, laboratory or marketing preferred.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Position requires being on call 24 hours, 7 days per week.
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
- Must be proactive in meeting customer needs and have an enthusiastic approach to selling and marketing our services.
- Ability to interact effectively with client and company personnel seeking information.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and/or other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work is normally in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel via automobile and airplane is required as well.