Skills: Business Development, Executive, Surveying
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Linden, NJ, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Regional Manager - Saybolt
Saybolt - Linden, NJ
Manages the operation and profitability of the designated region. Manages all laboratory and inspection operations, location personnel and safety programs in the designated region. Responsible for the day-to-day operational duties of the region including but not limited to the laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and Other duties as assigned)
- Manages the profitability of the designated region including the timely preparation, completion, and submission of any and all financial reports required by the company.
- Reports to and advises the Area Manager of any and all financial and operational matters.
- Markets Saybolt services.
- Maintains current contacts and establishes new contacts with clients.
- Prepares an annual budget for the designated region.
- Ensures that the location managers maintain all required quality control documents in the designated region, and that they are available for audit at all times.
- Has responsibility for ensuring that the location managers in the designated region monitors personal and staff technical, safety and policy training and that the locations employees pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas analysis, Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials disposal, and other safety, performance and compliance training required by the materials tested and handled, and applicable regulations.
- Ensures that the location manager's manage the location's employees and ensures their compliance with acceptable work habits, safety requirements, company policies, compliance to standards and policies, accuracy of test results and reporting of those results, attitude and all other aspects of their job performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential job functions when safety is not compromised. A 90-day initial review period applies to Location Managers, during which time the Location Manager candidate and Saybolt will assess the candidate's suitability for the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A college degree in a petroleum or petrochemical related field
- Five years of management experience or a high school diploma
- Minimum of ten years management or related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructional and technical materials relating to technical procedures, quality management, safety; and applicable government regulations
- Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, customers and laboratory staff
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and quantities (linear, volumetric, or weight) and to read and interpolate applicable data and tables. Able to draw and interpret applicable graphs and control charts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
Ability to (1) supervise and direct other employees so that the efficiency of the regions operations and equipment remains high; (2) maintain applicable safety programs and good housekeeping practices, (3) understand and satisfy all quality requirements; (4) ensure that laboratory testing is performed and reported promptly and accurately in accordance with applicable standards; (5) show the potential to develop leadership skills with employees.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Familiarity with basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR LOCATION MANAGERS:
Saybolt requires managers and testing staff to meet the following physical qualifications:
- Pass the drug and alcohol test specified by Saybolt for safety-sensitive employees.
- Be able to work in the presence of odors typical of petroleum or petrochemicals without allergic reactions or nausea when such odors are within OSHA-designated permissible exposure limits (PELs).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Location managers must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Smoking and consuming food or drinks are not permitted in Saybolt laboratories.