Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bellingham, WA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brinderson LP is looking for an experienced QA/QC Welding Inspector for the Anacortes, Washington area.
Brinderson, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a full service engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance and turnaround company serving the western United States. Concentrating primarily on energy projects in the private sector, Brinderson serves a broad range of industries, including upstream oil and gas production, gas processing, oil refining, terminals and pipelines, chemicals, renewable energy, and industrial manufacturing. For more details visit www.brinderson.com
Work directly with Brinderson site maintenance/construction team and/or subcontractor(s). Perform daily Quality inspections during assigned maintenance and/or Construction projects. Maintained and/or organize detailed records on various assigned sites and/or fabrication facilities. Develop and/or execute QA/QC work packages and procedures
- Monitor the in-process welding activities to ensure compliance with applicable code, standards and job specific requirements
- Perform visual welding inspections on ASME code projects
- Perform welders verification testing, including verification of welder identification(s)
- Direct associated welding work activities, as required
- Develop and maintained current weld log(s), weld map(s), ISO's and P&ID's in addition to completed "turnover" package(s) to customer(s)
- Manager and coordinate third party NDE activities along with generating NDE requests
- Schedule and witness hydro tests with customer and company personnel
- Assure proper usage of company weld procedures, filler metals and associated requirements are applied
- Properly review and interpret customer specifications, procedure, codes and material documents assuring that our techniques are in compliance with current codes and applicable customer requirements
- On occasion, provide inspection resources outside of normal working schedule
- Mentor and/or assist with personnel training
- Assist with RFI development and resolution associated with quality, welding, NDE and/or other related issues
- Perform routine quality audits on company projects or subcontractors
- Five (5) years' experience in a welding inspection QA/QC role within the petrochemical/construction industry
- Two (2) years as a Certified AWS Welding Inspector (CWI) or equivalent
- Working knowledge of ASW AD1.1, API-1104, ASME Sec, II, VIII, IX, B31,1, B31.3, B31.4 codes and/or specification(s)
- Two (2) years' experience with GTAW, SMAW and FCAW welding processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- High school diploma or equivalent
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, Overtime Pay, Vacation and Holiday time, and much more
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.