Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Knoxville, TN, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking Construction Inspection Technicians in the Knoxville area.
The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to work independently. Strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical. Proven technical writing skills and experience in roadway and bridge construction inspection and materials testing.
- Perform inspection and testing of all work performed on roadway and bridge construction projects
- Field and/or laboratory testing of concrete, soils, aggregates, and asphalt mix
- Field oversight of multiple contractor crews
- Field oversight of junior inspection staff
- Routine documentation of all field activities and testing
- Measurement and data entry (into TDOT SiteManager) of contractor pay quantities
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Required Certification
- ACI Field Grade 1
- Additional Preferred Certifications
- TDOT SiteManager Inspector
- TDEC Level 1 EPSC
- TDOT Concrete Field
- TDOT Soils and Aggregates or NICET Equivalent
- TDOT Asphalt Roadway or NICET Equivalent
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction
- TDOT Asphalt Plant Technician
- TDOT Concrete Plant Technician
- ACI Special Inspector Certification preferred
- Ability to apply analytical or scientific thinking to define and solve problems and be able to execute field and office tasks
- Requires travel and willingness to work outdoors
- Requires ability to lift 50 lbs. routinely
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of basic engineering principles
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Due to field work responsibilities, a fit for duty physical is required
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.