Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Madrid, Spain
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has been awarded a large PMC Duqm Refinery project in Oman which is expected to run for around 4 years. We are expected to start mobilizing successful candidates by the end of Q4 2017. Successful candidate will be based in Madrid, Spain and once work at the EPC location has been completed, employee will be transferred to the Oman site to work on a residential status assignment if requested by the client.
If you are interested in the position of Engineering Manager based in Madrid, Spain, please apply to the requisition and we will be in touch with you to discuss your application further.
Please note this position will be hired on a single status basis.
- Ensure that all staff capabilities are matched to the job requirements and verify all staff PDR’s
- Approve all temporary and permanent appointments for engineering personnel
- Ensure sub-community skills matrix is updated on a regular basis
- Understand contract obligations and ensure that all supervised staff are aware of their obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act and equivalent Oman standards
- Ensure that all staff under supervision are working to the Community Procedures Specifications and Standards and to any project-specific agenda
- Manage the day to day interfacing between assigned projects of the Project Engineers and the disciplines of Process, Piping, Civil / Structural, E&I and Mechanical together with the PMC Construction Team
- Manage all project design and engineering services work being executed in the Offices
- Adopt a stage-gate system to ensure that key engineering, including FEED deliverables are prepared at appropriate time.
- Continue to reassess the gate deliverables to align with the Industry’s best practices
- Identify areas of concern with respect to progress of assigned project, recommend the corrective actions wherever required and execute when directed by the client
- Lead, conduct and participate in value engineering workshops for optimizing scope and design
- Organize and participate in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Project Health, Safety and Environment Review (PHSER) and EIA and HSE exercises for the assigned projects during FEED and detailed design to implement the recommendation of such exercises upon client approval
- Manage the control of all engineering systems and hardware
- Provide consultancy on engineering systems to other business streams, as be appropriate within MENA
- Participate in key client reviews and meetings as required
- Participate in weekly AmecFW assigned project reviews
- Participate in Project Management Plan reviews
- Update and prepare department procedures and work practices as appropriate
- Conduct annual staff appraisals and recommend salary reviews for the department
- Provide notification of any potential commercial risk or opportunity to the Project Director / Manager for further action
- Develop close working relationships between all assigned engineering group members and the Project Engineers / assigned projects team to provide a consistent approach and effective resolution of issues
- Encourage the same degree of cooperation within the Contractor organization
- Develop a good team spirit within assigned PMC personnel and encourage team working with the Contractor and client
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum twenty years' experience
- Minimum five years' experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.