Skills: Fabrication, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Punxsutawney, PA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Mechanic 1 is involved in the servicing, maintaining and repairing of equipment. It will require general knowledge of equipment maintenance including electrical systems and brake and engine repairs; knowledge of methods, tools, materials, equipment and computerized systems used in the maintenance department, adjustment and repair equipment and accessories; working knowledge of wiring and electrical theory and engine principles; general knowledge of hydraulic systems; and applicable state and federal regulations pertaining to automotive and other power driven equipment.
This position will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Comply with all Company and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) rules, practices and guidelines
• Ensure that a high level of efficiency and readiness is achieved by performing proper equipment operation, function and maintenance
• Inspect equipment to determine necessary corrective actions
• Perform minor diagnostic tests using engine analyzers
• Diagnose and repair minor electrical systems on equipment and make minor repairs to equipment
• Install parts, operate and maintain tools, machinery and systems used in the maintenance, and/or equipment repair process
• Troubleshoot and repair systems and components, repair pumps and perform minor welding and brazing work
• Estimate materials and labor for maintenance and repairs
• Maintain maintenance and repair records using manual and/or computerized record keeping systems
• If CDL certified, perform pre-trip inspections and post-trip inspections, such as: proper fluid level checks and service as needed; proper brake inspections and slack adjustments as needed; proper tire inspections; proper working condition of lights; complete documentation and reporting of any defective equipment; inspecting, reporting and maintaining proper documentation of equipment; daily signing off on post trip report, etc.
• Fill out and maintain shipping documents for hazmat transportation, including proper use of placards and labels and securing loads
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Demonstrate the ability to work well with others, and work independently when required
• Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field.
• Willingness and ability to work long hours in different weather conditions
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver's license
• 1-2 years mechanical experience
• Valid Class A CDL with manual shift experience, a satisfactory driving record for the past 3 years, with no DWI/DUI convictions within the past 5 years, and no current DWI/DUI charges
• 3-4 years mechanical experience rebuilding, inspecting and repairing equipment including hydraulic, electrical and overhauling engines and transmissions
This position requires work both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold/heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc., during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather) and while utilizing designated personal protective equipment (PPE). The candidate must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties. They must be able to work closely with others and under time-sensitive deadlines including potential emergency response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.