Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
In order to support the sustainment and growth of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion business and other projects within the Structural Integrity business, we have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Project Manager to provide the co-ordination and project management of projects within the nuclear related research and technology area. The projects and tasks are technically complex, at the cutting edge of science and vary in size from tens of £k’s to several £M’s.
The Project Manager reports to the R&T Operations Manager.
- In conjunction with Technical Leads and other team members produce and maintain project baselines (scope, cost and schedules)
- Lead the production of proposals and tenders in accordance with client requirements and Wood Plc commercial requirements
- Proactively lead the monitoring and control of projects to ensure that it is being delivered to budget and schedule.
- Provide robust financial and project reporting
- Develop, maintain and manage project risk registers
- Identification and management of change control
- Proactively interact and collaborate with members of the project team.
- Work with supporting staff and functions to ensure the timely preparation of invoices and supporting documentation
- Lead the focus on customer care, liaising with customer representatives and a commitment to delivering on promises
- Support the R&T Operations Manager in delivery of the R&T programme of work, including undertaking wider contract and programme reporting.
- Ensure appropriate Wood Plc governance is applied to the project from tender through to execution and close out.
- Work in a safe and sustainable manner, adhering to the highest professionals standards and ‘doing the right thing’.
- Provide Line Management for Project Engineer and Administration staff, including performance review, identifying training needs and supporting professional and career development.
Skills / Qualifications
- General engineering, technical or business qualification, graduate level or equivalent
- Project Management experience in an engineering, technical or business project or programme environment is desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of the project subject matter ie. research, technical, engineering is desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of Project Management process and techniques (APM Qualifications ideally and a desire to progress in these).
- Operating knowledge of standard Microsoft IT packages
- Applicants should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in project teams
- Experience of line management responsibility desirable
- Ability to obtain an SC security clearance.
- UK Citizenship.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.