Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Amec Foster Wheeler, a recent winner of the Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award for 'Best Place to Work in 2016 - UK Category', is looking for a Principal Process Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for a duration of 3 months.
You will join the Process Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for process systems for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Engineering positions involve Process Design, Process Simulation, Process Equipment & Instrument Datasheets, PFD, P&ID, calculations and HAZOP. Design positions involve the utilisation of CAD to produce P&ID and PFD CAD drawings.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Ability to handle discussions and run meetings with client engineers
- Ability to run groups in development of studies and Front End Engineering Development projects and Detailed Engineering projects
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff
- Provide documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in work packs and/or design books on time to meet offshore deadlines
- Responsible as a key member of any project team for achieving the project target and completion of the project within the budget and schedule
- Preparation of engineering and construction scope for both man-hours and equipment estimates where necessary
- Commitment to and promotion of Amec Foster Wheeler's values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Highly experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Experienced in estimating man-hours and materials for most aspects of work
- Highly experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Competent in leading, supervising and the organisation of a small/medium sized single discipline team within a project
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.