Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting, Pipeline Services
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Conroe, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Aegion Coating Services is looking for an experienced Field Coatings Technician II.
Aegion Coating Services, a part of Aegion's Corrosion Protection platform, is a consolidation of Commercial Coating Services International, LLC (CCSI) and CRTS, Inc. Headquartered in Conroe, Texas, the company serves the U.S., Canada, the Middle East and South America. Aegion Coating Services combines a variety of pipeline coating and rehab technologies for both onshore and offshore installations, including robotic field joint OD and ID coating, custom FBE coating solutions, specialized equipment, foam trench breaker and inspection services.
The Field Technician I must possess the experience necessary and/or demonstrate the ability to use the equipment to blast clean, heat and coat pipe joints and/or fittings in coating applications.
Must demonstrate the ability to use the necessary hand tools in maintaining equipment used in the field application of coating(s). Must possess the skill required to use the test equipment used to inspect the various stages of the field coating process.
The Field Technician I Reports to the On-Site Manager, Project Manager Field Services and/or the Field Services General Manager.
- Responsible for performing coating process and meeting customers' coating requirements
- Responsible for verifying customers' coating requirements using the necessary QC/Inspection test equipment, as required
- Responsible for maintaining ACS equipment used in the coating process
- Responsible for receiving inventory and inspection of ACS supplied equipment and products at field locations
For the successful performance of this position, an individual must be able to achieve and/or perform the essential duties of the position. Listed below are representative requirements for job knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Minimum of one (6) months experience with electro-mechanical equipment or related field
- Experience with mechanical operations/troubleshooting/repair
- Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE) or liquid coating experience, and/or industrial coating experience. Onshore or offshore work experience in job related field
- Onshore or offshore work experience in job related field. Internal Diameter (ID) or Outer Diameter (OD) pipeline coating experience
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Travel internationally or domestically to support our oil, gas, mining or utility industry customers, 85% of the time
- Meet all internal safety standards
- Must have a valid driver's license and eligible to obtain a passport
- Fluent in English; and any other language is a plus
- Frequent computer-related activities, ability to work with complex spreadsheets, databases and presentation software and learn new applications quickly
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook) required
- Regularly exposed to electrical and moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools and machinery. The employee must be aware of when to wear personal safety protective gear
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds at any given time. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Frequent driving is required
- Work site will vary from outside in the elements or in a shop environment. The noise level will vary from moderate to loud. Employee will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, paid Overtime, Per Diem, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.