Company: Vallourec Drilling Products USA
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT THE VALLOUREC DRILLING PRODUCTS USA, INC LOCATION IN HOUSTON, TX.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Monitor and control the costs associated with manufacturing and maintenance in his/her assigned areas.
- Monitor and control the equipment downtime within his/her assigned areas.
- Lead assigned projects and capital investment activities within his/her assigned areas.
- Work closely with production to ensure issues are being tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
- Determine the labor requirements for each new or revised process, ensure labor standards are developed for each manned operation. On an ongoing basis, audit the actual build process to ensure the labor standards are accurate.
- Monitor the Continuous Improvement and R&D projects assigned within his/her assigned areas and ensure the projects are being completed within budget and on time.
- Support to the Process Sign-Off (PSO) activity to ensure each process and associated documentation is ready for full production.
- Provide ongoing technical support to continuously improve process performance while reducing manufacturing cost. Streamline and simplify existing processes, work methods, material delivery and sequencing systems to eliminate non-value added activity.
- Provide technical support to the HSE Department to eliminate safety and environmental hazardous and risks within the facility.
- Responsible for ensuring applicable tools & techniques are identified.
- Assist with the development of and adherence to QS-9000 compliant Manufacturing Engineering procedures and documentation.
- Interface closely with the Production and all plant support groups to ensure projects are defined accurately and executed effectively.
- To document, evaluate and improve Manufacturing Engineering objectives.
- Perform internal audits of various company standard systems (QS-9000, 5S, ISO-14001, etc.) as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7 - 10 years prior industrial/manufacturing engineering experience or equivalent, preferably acquired in the oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Team approach to problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven project and time management skills.
- Computer literate, including proficiency in AutoCad, Word, Project and Excel.
- Good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, QS-9000, SPC and Continuous Improvement.